Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Fundraising with Pizza by Ruth Paget

Fundraising with Pizza by Ruth Paget 

I wish fundraising with pizza had existed when I was fundraising to go to the Peoples’ Republic of China in 1978 with the Inner-City Youth Tour to China from Detroit, Michigan in 1978. I still got to go to China, but I think it would have been easier to raise funds, if pizza fundraising had existed. 

I learned about pizza fundraising when I checked the website for my local Mountain Mike’s Pizzeria in Marina, California. I saw that they help sports and other non-profit organizations with pizza fundraisers. 

Their website has an online submission form for non-profit organizations with regulations stating that the organization can promote the fundraiser to their supporters before the day of the event with no day of the event promotion. 

The individual stores make a 20% to 40% donation based on amount of money raised depending on the store’s location. 

For example, 20% of $1,000 in sales is $200. $200 plus the fact that you eat a pizza meal is a win-win fundraiser I think. 

By Ruth Paget, author of Eating Soup with Chopsticks and Marrying France


Click for Ruth Paget's Books