Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Eating Great Breakfasts in London Town (UK) with Savvy Mom Ruth Paget

Eating Great Breakfasts in London Town (UK) with Savvy Mom Ruth Paget


The restaurant was near Oxford Street, a real carrefour of consumerism.  I love stores that collect sales tax and keep the money in local coffers for neighborhood programs.

It was 3:30 pm.  I could see that I could order breakfast at any time of day in the UK with cake as a dessert.  4 or 5 hours of walking would work off the calories in that cake.

I installed Florence in a sturdy, wooden chair provided by the restaurant.  My big English breakfast included: two sunny side up eggs, three sausages, three strips of delicious bacon, two broiled tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms that oozed butter, French fries, toast and jelly, orange juice, and coffee with warm milk.

Florence was interested in all the people around us talking in all sorts of languages, wearing all kinds of colorful fashion, and a few women wearing hats with feathers.

I toured Charing Cross and went back to the hotel.  The rest felt good.  I was generally thrilled with my tour of London Town.

By Ruth Paget, author of Eating Soup with Chopsticks and Marrying France

Click here for:  Ruth Paget's Amazon Books




Ruth Paget Selfie