Pages

Monday, October 8, 2018

Visiting the Modern Art Museum in Brussels (Belgium) with Savvy Mom Ruth Paget

Visiting the Modern Art Museum in Brussels (Belgium) with Savvy Mom Ruth Paget

On a quick trip to Brussels (Belgium), my friend Eileen and I planned to visit the Modern Art Museum in downtown Brussels to view their collection of the Belgian Surrealist painter René Magritte.

First, we ate lunch at a restaurant called the Moule Sacré that had good food at a good price.  Mussels are called the “poor man’s oysters,” but I noticed that the Belgians, who ate them had become rather wealthy.  Mussels also taste good especially when made with crème fraîche, shallots, and white wine.

Eileen and I tried a menu special that had the following items on it:

-avocado halves with chopped, boiled shrimp and creamy, estragon dressing

-Scottish smoked salmon with rye bread and salted butter

-Dames Blanches sundaes made with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream

After lunch, we went to the Modern Art Museum well fed and eager to view the Surrealist paintings by René Magritte.

I loved Magritte’s painting of a train coming out of a fireplace as well as his painting of a baguette loaf of bread floating in the sky.

After visiting the Museum, Eileen walked me to the Gare du Midi, so I could go back to Paris.

I read a book about Hong Kong all the way home.  I liked being Miss – Information even when I was young.


By Ruth Paget, author of Eating Soup of Chopsticks and Marrying France

Click here for:  Ruth Paget's Amazon Books




Ruth Paget Selfie