Pages

Friday, April 10, 2020

Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Created by Ruth Paget

Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Created by Ruth Paget

One of my favorite teachers told me that chicken noodle soup was penicillin at Cass Technical High School in Detroit and to eat a lot of it, so I would not get sick. 

I love pasta and load this soup up with it.  I cook the pasta to mush not al dente style in this comfort food soup.

Now that I live in California, I also spice this soup up with Anaheim peppers.  ¼ cup of spicy salsa also works at the end for a spicy kick.

Serves 4

Ingredients:

-1 large tablespoon olive oil
-1 large, peeled, and chopped onion
-1 teaspoon dry garlic
-2 (32-ouncce) containers chicken stock
-1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
-1 cup sliced celery
-32 ounces waters
-2 cups rotini pasta
-1 sliced Anaheim pepper (optional)

Steps:

1-Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes in a soup pot.

2-Add the rest of the ingredients to the soup pot except the Anaheim pepper and bring soup to a boil.  Let boil for 30 minutes.

3-Slide the Anaheim peppers into the soup, if using, and serve.

A dollop of sour cream tastes good with this soup.

Bon Appétit!


By Ruth Paget, author of Eating Soup with Chopsticks and Marrying France

Ruth Paget's Amazon Books



Ruth Paget Selfie