When I lived in Stuttgart (Germany), I used an electric egg cooker to make hard-boiled egg slices to go on salads with smoked salmon slices. I loved eating that salad in winter.
Electrical egg cookers use very little water. They steam eggs and can cook them to varying degrees of doneness that you select before turning the cooker on.
If you eat and like boiled eggs, an electric egg cooker like the following one might be of interest to you:
The $39 price today (10-10-2026) is very affordable.
Reposted by Ruth Paget
-author Eating Soup with Chopsticks, Marrying France, and Europe’s Lessons written during overseas duty in Germany + 5 other Kindle books
-developer of the Novgorod and Bento War Games + 8 Classical Western Civilization War Games
-developer of food and beverage knowledge games
-creator of online exhibits about San Miguel Arcangel Mission, French baguette making, and the Carmel valley History Center
-creator of French travel and culture games
-writer of 2000+ Central Coast California lifestyle blogs
-family genealogist
-developer of 9 music theory games