Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Made Homemade Paella - Summer 2026 Project Completed

I made Valencia, Spain’s signature dish - paella - in my home with air conditioning in Salinas, California for summer projects 2026!

I finally bought a 14-inch paella pan with a cover and could do everything stovetop.  Still took an hour, but it tasted just great with squeezes of fresh Meyer lemon juice.

I will post my non-authentic recipe tomorrow.

For people who would like to buy mussels, clams, and shrimp at Phil’s Fish Market in Castroville (California) and make a true seafood paella, I would recommend the Paella cookbook by Penelope Casas.

Hasta luego!

By Ruth Paget

-author Eating Soup with Chopsticks, Marrying France, and Europe’s Lessons written during overseas duty in Germany + 5 other kindle books

-developer of the Novgorod and Bento War Games + 8 Classical Western Civilization War Games

-developer of food and beverage knowledge games

-creator of online exhibits about about San Miguel Arcangel Mission, French baguette making, and the Carmel Valley History Center

-creator of French travel and culture games

-writer of 1800+ Central Coast California lifestyle blogs

-family genealogist

-developer of 9 music theory games