I learned on TimTok today that Mexico was named the world’s #1 cuisine for 2026 by Travel & Tour magazine.
I have reposted the announcement I saw in the link below:
https://www.tiktok.com/@fernandacortesx/video/7683727040704498974?_r=1&_t=ZP-99eYTFJzGTm
TikTok has some information on Mexican food being protected by UNESCO. (The other UNESCO protected food is French.)
I have listed the TikTok UNECO information on Mexican food below:
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTUuNhwwA/
We have some great places in downtown Salinas, California for Mexican food for diners interested in Mexican food:
Villa Azteca
Michael’s
Taquito’s (across from the Salinas Sports Complex - Rodeo on Main Street behind the Steinbeck Center about 4 blocks away from downtown)
Super Pollo - South Salinas
Guadalajara Grill - South Salinas
Burn provecho!
Reposted by Ruth Paget
-author Eating Soup with Chopsticks, Marrying France, and Europe’s Lessons written during overseas duty in Germany + 5 other books
-developer of the Novgorod and Bento War Games + 8 Classical Western Civilization War Games
-developer of food and beverage knowledge games
-creator of online exhibits about San Miguel Arcangel Mission, French baguette making, and the Carmel Valley History Center
-creator of French travel and culture games
-writer of 1900+ Central Coast California lifestyle blogs
-family genealogist
-developer of 9 music theory games