Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

Endive Salad Recipe Created by Ruth Paget

Endive Salad Recipe Created by Ruth Paget

If endive had been available in Detroit (Michigan) when I was a teen, I would have eaten it all the time for its flavor.  I learned about it when I lived in Paris (France) and cook with it now whenever I get the chance.

This salad is a meal in itself.  I use American products to make it, because they are less expensive than European ones and still taste good. 

Serves 4

Ingredients:

-4 endive heads with stem cut off, leaves separated and washed, and chopped into ½-inch squares
-I pound crisp and crumbled cooked bacon (It takes about 20 minutes to fry bacon up this way.)
-1 cup blue cheese such as Maytag blue
-3/4 cup heavy cream

Steps:

1-Mix endive pieces and crumbled bacon together.

2-Mix blue cheese and cream together.

3-Combine the endive-bacon mixture with the dressing.

Serve with your favorite toast.


By Ruth Paget, author of Eating Soup with Chopsticks and Marrying France

Click here for:  Ruth Paget's Amazon Books


Ruth Paget Selfie